- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to your first class.
- Classes start on time, and the doors will be locked when class begins.
- Hydrate fully before, during and after every class.
- Please go easy on wearing perfume, cologne, or other strongly scented products.
- Come prepared to sweat. Wear light and comfortably fitted clothing. Bring a change of clothes for after class.
- Bring your water, a yoga mat if you have one, and one or two towels. You will need one towel for class and the one if you choose to shower after class.
- We also rent mats, towels, and provide filtered water.
- Be glad that you made it!
- Sign in at the desk and let the person know it’s your first time so that they can show you around.
- Confirm that the teacher knows it is your first class and let them know if you have any prior injuries or health conditions.
- Bring just your mat, your towel, and your water bottle into the yoga room.
- Find a comfortable place in class, maybe at the back so you can see other people’s postures, and relax.
- Hydrate throughout the class.
- Try not to judge yourself or make comparisons with your fellow students yourself. Yoga is a practice and not a competition.
- Remain present. Try to let go of what happened in your day before class. Keep focused on the practice.
- Listen to your body and not your ego. Don’t push your self too far. Focus on your breath and feel free to rest in class.
- Listen carefully to the teacher and follow all of their instructions.
- Listen to the teacher and follow their instructions.
- Make every effort to stay in the studio throughout the entire class. Check with the teacher first if you feel that you really need to leave.
end of class
- Every class will end with Savasana. This involves lying still on your back, with your eyes closed, and bringing all of your awareness to your breath.
- When you are ready to leave, quietly take your things and return any props or rentals to where you found them.
- As you exit, be mindful of other students who are still in the class.
- Your teacher will be available after the class to answer any of your questions.
- Teachers are available after class to answer any questions.
- Thank you for sharing this experience with us!
- Try to practice at least 10 times in your first month so that you can fully realize the benefits of yoga.